Who we are
Our Organisation name is SEQ K9 Rescue Inc.
The Organisation president/founder is Lisa Barton.
Her email is: email@example.com
Our website address is: https://seqk9rescue.org.au and our ABN is: 99 359 393 371
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘the Act’) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
Essentially ‘personal information’ means any information that can be used to personally identify you.
This may include your name, address, phone number and email address. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information and protected in accordance with this policy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- Phone number/s;
- any other contact details you wish to provide;
- age or birth date;
- details of the products/services/animal you have purchased/adopted from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products/services and to respond to your enquiries;
- additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites/ emails/ Facebook page or indirectly through websites or our representatives.
For more Details see below.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you in most cases, where reasonable and practicable. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
- when you complete an application or purchase order; or
- when the law requires.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities where this is authorised or required by law.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may send cookies, or small pieces of information, to your web browser in order to collect information on your browsing session. Our cookies do not collect personal information, but may be used for:
- Recording preferences that you specify on our websites
- Providing general visitor and customer analytics for internal reference
- Conducting research to improve our content, products and online services
- Assisting with direct marketing, should you opt-in for this service
If you do not wish to receive cookies you may disable these in your web browser, however please note that doing so may affect our sites’ ability to function properly. See the ‘Help’ section of your web browser for more information on changing your cookie preferences.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, provide relevant content to users, monitor fraudulent activity, and gather broad demographic information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our webpage contains links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide requested services or products to you,
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may be interested in – including information about dogs in our care.
- We will not supply you with a meet and greet for dogs in our care
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect your personal information so that we can perform our animal welfare and related activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of supporter and client service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in relation to the following purposes:
- Animal intake and the care in our rescue
- Animal adoption
- Foster care;
- Veterinary and grooming services;
- Education, and public campaigns;
- Enquiry response and referral;
- Fundraising, events, donations
- Community engagement and communications;
- Legacies and bequests;
- Retail sales and marketing from our website
- Ancillary purposes, or as otherwise permitted by law.
In order to continue to provide and improve these services, products and activities to you as a supporter and/or client, we require your personal information, in particular:
- to provide news, information, products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide advice about existing dogs in care, new promotions, services or products;
- to conduct activities including providing personal information to contractors, service providers or other third parties when necessary;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, activity or service development, quality control and research purposes of SEQ K9 Rescue its contractors or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our volunteers, contractors/service providers for the purposes of operation of our dog rescue and customer services, and to otherwise provide information, products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have business relationships, where this is necessary to provide you with a service or product; and
- RSPCA or similar identities
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including email or SMS, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting Lisa Barton via email Seqk9rescue@live.com, and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us Seqk9Rescue@gmail.com. You will be required to provide verification of your identity, and we reserve the right to withhold information if we are not satisfied you are the person identified in it.
Once verification is complete, we will access your information and send to you a copy via email
There is no charge for this service.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Example: We do not release the information pertaining to the person adopting a dog/ or the person who surrendered.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches is an internal review by the Executive Committee, who may contact you to seek further information to your initial complaint, if needed. At the conclusion of that review, you will be provided with a written account of the outcome and any measures we propose to take to address defects in our processes.
Your contact information